N/A “About Cincinnati, OH (Camp Washington). NeighborhoodScout, Neighborhood Scout, 2017, https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/oh/cincinnati/camp-washington
About Cincinnati, OH (Camp Washington)
Camp Washington has a variety of people living within it in three-deckers, duplexes, old Victorian homes cut up into apartments most people living here did not live here five years ago being a diverse community.
- Camp Washington median real estate price is $80,994
- The average rental price in Camp Washington is currently $821
- Rents here are currently lower in price than 67.5% of Ohio neighborhoods.
- The current real estate vacancy rate here is 21.9%
- There are more incarcerated people living here than 99.1% of neighborhoods in the U.S.
- 3% of the real estate here are small 2, 3, or 4 unit apartment buildings
- 2% of the residential real estate here was built from 1939 or earlier
- 0% of this neighborhood’s residents have French Canadian ancestry
- This neighborhood has a higher rate of childhood poverty than 75.0% of U.S. neighborhoods
- Camp Washington neighborhood, 30.1% of the working population is employed in manufacturing and laborer occupations
N/A “Camp Washington.” Point2homes, Point2homes, 2014, https://www.point2homes.com/US/Neighborhood/OH/Hamilton-County/Cincinnati/Camp-Washington-Demographics.html
Camp Washington is an area in Cincinnati with a population of 21,439 the employment numbers show a pretty even difference between Blue collar jobs versus white collar jobs with a crime rate above national average.
- Non family households in Camp Washington 46.9%
- Family households in Camp Washington 53.1%
- 9% of residents have never been married
- 9% of the population are females
- 1% of the population are males
- 9% are Blue Collar occupations
- 1% are White Collar occupations
Camp Washington Community Board office “About Us, Camp Washington.” Camp-Washington, Camp-Washington, 2016, http://camp-washington.org/about-us/
About Us, Camp Washington
Camp Washington is an up and coming area in Cincinnati with attractions like the sign museum and Camp Washington Chili it is also a great place to consider buying a home and setting up a business a lot of artists are moving in as the spaces here are cheap and accessible.
- Spaces here are cheap, accessible to expressways, and, the safest neighborhood in District 5
- For young folks priced out of Northside and OTR, Camp Washington is a great place to consider buying a home and setting up a business
- During the U.S.-Mexican War Camp Washington was an important military location, training five-thousand, five-hundred and thirty-six soldiers who went to war
- There are Several historic businesses here, including, Queen City Sausage, Reliable Casts, Osborne Coinage (the largest private mint in the world), Kao USA, Inc., Meyer Tool
- Camp Washington Chili is a Smithsonian Museum icon
- The American Sign Museum offers visitors a unique perspective of the history of signs
Camp Washington is an up and coming area in Cincinnati. It has struggled for years with crime and trying to bring life back to the area. It has become a more focused art community with the sign museum, different art exhibits and the new industrial lofts. The data and research found supports all of these claims. However there is data proving there are still unacceptable things happening in the neighborhood. Considering there are more incarcerated people living there than 99.1% of neighborhoods in the U.S. Despite this Camp Washington is trying to bring life back into the area.